PPG&E Humboldt Bay Reactor history
The following documents recount some of the history surrouding PG&E’s early reactor at Humboldt Bay, which was permanently closed after the NRC and PG&E discovered seismic threats that were too costly to mitigate.
1. Fact sheet about Humboldt Bay focusing on storage of spent fuel, from the DOE Blue Ribbon Panel on Radioactive Waste:
2. Humboldt Bay power plant history recounted in 2003 application for Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation (ISFSI):
3. Humboldt Bay power plant history found in NRC license application for ISFSI waste storage facility:
4. Brief history of NRC order that led to seismic shutdown of Humboldt Bay power plant:
5. 2010 Update report on seismic events at Humboldt Bay power plant and affects on ISFSI: